Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

breast milk and answered prayers

I went back to expressing milk using a hand pump this afternoon. I think it's been 6 weeks since I last did that, and I honestly didn't know if I would get enough milk for a single feeding. Breast pumps aren't easy tools, and I'm using the manual one which makes it extra challenging.


I had been pumping for like 30 minutes and all I had in the bottle was maybe just a teaspoon or a little more than that; the milk was coming out drop by drop. Sigh. My hands were kinda tired now from pumping and massaging; I wanted to stop but I kept on. I need to have enough milk for Yohann's consumption tomorrow.

Another 10 minutes later and the milk started to come out in tiny spurts. Yahoo! I pumped for a total of 45 minutes and came up with a little over 2 ounces of milk (yup, ganun talaga, dadami din as I express on a daily basis).

After that I just realized, expressing breast milk is just like praying. You pray and pray and at the beginning find little fruit or answers to your prayers. Then you feel discouraged and you're tempted to give up and stop praying altogether. But when you press on, that's when you receive the breakthrough. See, you have to persist. So, keep on asking, seeking, knocking and your prayers, like my breast milk, will soon come to you. :)

6 comments:

  1. wow, oo nga noh? thanks for the encouragement! hihihi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. natawa din ako, talagang may revelation si Lord sa pag-iipon ko ng breastmilk? haha.

    you're welcome! praise God for encouraging us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O, Binx, pump na rin tayo ng breast milk! In 3, 2, 1! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mayet, pano magkakabreastmilk ang baog? paanoooooo? hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sa breast naman eh, di sa matris. Hahaha! Meron ba nun, kahit walang bebe may milk? Full cream milk! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep it up mei! =)

    tin?, there's induced lactation ;)

    ReplyDelete