Pastor Mark made VCF Metroeast's Top 10 in 2010 last Sunday, naisip ko good idea sha to look back and thank God for the year that was. Kaso parang kulang ang 10 eh. Hehe. Pero sige, I'll pick the top 10 lang talaga, the highlights of the year and what I'm most thankful for.
10. Working at Avon. I've been here for a year and a half, and it already feels like home to me. Blessing sa kin tong work na to, because I learned a lot, I gained new friends, and met all kinds of bosses. Nakakaaliw lang. Although I've already decided to resign once I reach my 8th month, I know I'm gonna miss Avon peeps big time. Hay.
9. Travel. Every year for the past 4 years I've made it a point to go to new places that I've never been to before. This year I got to travel to Bondoc Peninsula, Bacolod, CDO, Camiguin, Iligan, Bukidnon for the first time. But the highlight was definitely CDO where we went white-water rafting. At first I thought di ko kayang gawin yon because of my fear of drowning, pero like surfing, I immediately took to it at gusto kong ulit-ulitin pa sana. Kakaibang rush! :)
8. I quit my 'happiness'. Hihi. Hirap gawin nito, pero it just happened. As in. When I was struggling to quit it, hirap na hirap ako. But when I totally forgot that I wanted to stop na, that's when it happened. I guess my body knew I was preparing for something 'big' kaya sha na ang kusang umayaw :)
7. Volunteer work at VCF. Kahit ilang beses ko lang nagawa, happy pa rin ako I was given the chance to serve. Hopefully, mas marami pang opportunities na darating. It's always a joy to give back and to be of help, maliit man o malaking gawain, when done for God never fails to give a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction.
6. Renewed and strengthened friendships. This is something I always am grateful for, that every year I get to know who my real friends are, I get to reveal my true self to them, and still they stick with me. Sweet :) Kaya thank you, thank you, Angels, multiply friends, my childhood and Marikina friends, even friends I only met online but feel like so much a part of my life na. Without you all, hindi makulay ang buhay. Para kayong sinabawang gulay. :p
5. Living with Sal and family was another highlight of my year. Thanks to them, I experienced many home-cooked meals care of Mader, the joy of having a bebe at home - si Gabgab, at maraming veranda moments. Hehe. I will never forget those moments sa veranda where we cried, laughed, at nag-moment nang todo todo! Hahaha! Amishuuuu Sal and family! I will forever be grateful to all of you sa pag-ampon niyo sa akin :)
4. A new home. It's only been a few months pero it already feels like home to me, where we are right now. I am enjoying this new life, learning to cook, fend for ourselves, keep the house clean, doing the laundry, etc. I may be alone at home most of the time I'm there, but I guess that's what keeps me going too. I need those alone times when I can recharge, be quiet and just meditate on the latest events of my life. Shempre I enjoy it better when Monmon's home, at least may relyebo sa pagluluto haha! :D
3. My Family. Kahit kulang-kulang na kami, I never feel a lack of love in my family. Though we're not the expressive kind, I just know that we're gonna stick with each other through whatever. They've always been an encouragement to me kahit wala silang gawin, and I love my pamangkins to death. I just know they'll love the youngest member when he's here na :)
2. Close tie for number 2:
Monmon. Hanggang ngayon nagtatanungan pa rin kami nito ng mga paano, bakit, kailan... hahaha. Medyo mabilis ang mga pangyayari I know, pero still I know everthing was according to plan and I am grateful for him. Blessing talaga sha, I couldn't ask for a better man. Better half ko talaga sha :) (yiheeee, kilig yan! :D :D )
and Moymoy. My baby Yohann, kahit na di ko pa sha nakikita face to face at nahahawakan, is already a bundle of blessing and joy :) Just his kicks are enough to make me smile especially on days when I'm too tired or feeling the pains of pregnancy. Parang alam niya when I need cheering up, he would move and move and respond to my voice. Nakakatuwa. I can't wait to hold him though and feel how it's like to have my own bebe right in my arms :)
1.God's faithfulness and love. Every year, He never fails even when I have been unfaithful at times... hands-down, Siya ang best highlight ng 2010 ko. :)
Happy 2011 everyone! Let's celebrate the year with a big offering of thanksgiving and praise, alright? Alright!!!